CiurlionioNamaiOn September 22, 1995, the M.K. Čiurlionis House was opened to the public to commemorate the 120th anniversary of this birth. The genial Lithuanian painter and composer lived here between 1907 and 1908.
Besides the composer’s room, there are cozy premises for chamber music, recordings and art exhibitions.
The staff gathers and publishes information about Čiurlionis life and work, collects exhibits, mounts exhibitions and organizes evenings, conferences and other cultural events.
Since 2000 the M.K. Čiurlionis House has been presenting the phenomenon of Čiurlionis abroad, organizing concerts and exhibitions.
The Čiurlionis Society (established in 1987) has its headquarters at the M.K. Čiurlionis House.